Trade Effluent Agreements

In general, meter readings are used in combination with a routine sampling of your wastewater to obtain a statistically validated average of the above parameters. If you wish to discharge commercial water into a public sewer, you are legally required to obtain a commercial evacuation permit from the sewer maintenance company. Anglian Water is the Sewerage Undertaker in the east of England. If you feel your business needs a commercial agreement, you should contact your distributor and complete an application form called a commercial communication (also known as Form G/02). Once we have received the completed request from your dealer, we will process consent. We will keep you and your dealer informed in important phases. If you are not sure that your beer distribution is covered by the Position Statement (PDF) or may result in a refill, please email at least 7 working days before you start eliminating the beer. Although we are primarily responsible for controlling commercial effluents discharged into our sewers, there are cases where the Environment Agency may apply additional conditions to your consent because of the substances contained in the discharge or the processes leading to discharge. These conditions focus on the control of persistent and/or toxic substances. The discharge of commercial wastewater without consent is a misdemeanor and, if you do, you can take legal action. Commercial effluents should not be released into a surface water flow, as they are then released directly into the environment without treatment.

Temporary liquid waste (e.g. B construction sites) may or may not require a temporary agreement. Mobile businesses such as wheelie-bin or auto-washes and valeting must ensure that the wastewater produced is collected and discharged to an approved location. If your business involves manufacturing or processing materials such as chemicals, metal machining, food and beverage manufacturing, or even if you do car wash or laundromat and carry wastewater into our public sewers, it is likely that the discharge will be considered a commercial discharge. Commercial wastewater is discharged from a large number of commercial premises, such as. B: Wessex Water maintains a register of all commercial effluents in the region, which is available to the public on request. Wastewater discharges from hotels, pubs, restaurants, takeaways and caravan parks are not considered commercial wastewater. However, they are governed by Section 111 of the Water Industry Act 1991. Locals who find that fats, oils, fats and food scraps are being dumped into the sewers, causing blockages or threatening the safe exploitation of our assets, may be prosecuted. If any of the above regulatory position statements apply to your business, you may not need to seek permission to discharge this specific wastewater. If your discharge is covered by a regulatory position statement, you should read it carefully and make sure that you meet all your requirements.

Share on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInEmail this to someoneShare on Tumblr